Welcome to the Elementary Orchestra Program!
Use this page to stay updated with important information regarding the Elementary Orchestra Program, open to all RUSD 4th and 5th grade students! Announcements and important upcoming events will be listed below, as well as on the calendar on the main music page.
If you need to contact the Elementary Orchestra Director, please use the information below:
Mrs. Long - firstname.lastname@example.org - 909-748-6753
If your 4th or 5th grader is interested in playing an instrument in the elementary orchestra program this year, they should have brought you a golden paper with all of the information! Attached to that paper is a PERMISSION SLIP which should be completed and returned to school by the first lesson on Wednesday, September 13 (8:30-9:30 a.m. -- please contact your child's teacher to see what they will miss when they are out of the classroom for band, and what will need to be done to make up the work).
By the first lesson, students should have:
- their instrument (rent or buy--the flyer gives details on brands and local stores)
- their music book (String Builders Book 1, for their instrument)
- a music stand (optional, but recommended) for home practice and some rehearsals
- rosin and shoulder rest (for violin and viola students)
- rosin and rock stop (for cello and bass students)
If you have any questions, be sure to attend one of the two Elementary Band Parent Nights (8/24 @ Franklin Elementary, or 9/7 @ Clement Middle School) to ask questions, see the instruments, talk to the music teachers or local music store vendors, and learn more about the program. 6:00-7:30 open house.