Kindergarten & Transition Programs Priority Registration Dates
The 2018-2019 school year begins August 8th for all schools in the Redlands Unified School District. Priority Kindergarten and Transitions Program registrations begins April 3rd, 2018. Schools and their specific enrollment dates are listed below.
Students who reside with their families within School District boundaries may be registered at the Enrollment Center between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Please call your school or the Enrollment Center at (909) 307-2470.
Parents of Kindergarten Student
- A child's 5th Birthday must occur on or before September 1st
Parents of Transition Program Students
- A child qualifies for the Transitions Program at the beginning of the school year if he/she is five years old on or between September 2nd and December 2nd.
- Please contact the District’s Curriculum and Instruction Department, (909) 307-5300 Ext 20307 or the Enrollment Center (909) 307-2470 for more information.
Priority Enrollment Date by School
*eAcademy parents and students must attend an orientation prior to enrollment. Please call eAcademy, (909) 748-6941, for more information.
If you miss the registration date for your child’s school listed above, the following makeup days will also be available:
- April 13th - Any school that enrolled April 3rd - April 12th
- April 20th - Any school that enrolled April 3rd - April 19th
- April 27th and beyond - All schools may enroll Kindergarten and Transitions
Prior to registering your child, we strongly recommend you obtain an enrollment packet, review all requirements, and complete the packet in advance. On February 20th, packets will be available at all school sites, the Enrollment Center, and online. Online registration is available to complete part of the enrollment process which must be finalized at the Enrollment Center with the required documents. Please bring all required documents with you at time of enrollment.
- California Education Code (48000) was revised which changes the age requirement for entrance into kindergarten. A child shall be admitted to kindergarten if he/she will have his/her 5th birthday on or before September 1.
- Students enrolling for transitional kindergarten, kindergarten and First grade must show proof of a physical exam. A copy of the physical exam is required at the time of registration.
- The exam for Transitional Kindergarten must be dated no earlier than 12 months prior to the first day of attendance at school and, at the time of the exam, the child must be at least 4 years and 3 months old.
- The exam for Kindergarten must be dated no earlier than 6 months prior to the first day of attendance at school.
- Report of Health Examination form - Click Here
Program Information and FAQs: