Exploration Experience (ELOP) at Mission Elementary
A FREE, after-school opportunity where grades TK-5 students can explore and engage through Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math (STEAM). Physical education will be included as well.
These experiences help to broaden students' academic skills and knowledge as well as the social and emotional capacity to use their skills and knowledge competently and compassionately in life.
Immediately after each school day with an end time of 4:40 pm (Minimum Days Included)
Mentone Elementary, Franklin Elementary, Lugonia Elementary, Mission Elementary, and Victoria Elementary (Your child will participate at the school they attend.)
*TK/K students may be eligible for the Boys & Girls Club in lieu of this opportunity if they attend AM or Earlybird TK/K, class. Additionally, PM or Latebird TK/K students may also have access to before-school opportunities through the Boys & Girls Club.
**Students who are enrolled in ASES or YMCA will also have an opportunity to participate in our Exploration Experience; therefore, additional registration is unnecessary.
Exploration Experience (ELOP) Registration
Please click on the link to register for the 22-23 Exploration Experience Program at Mission Elementary.
NOTE: Due to increased enrollments, the Exploration Experience Program has a temporary waitlist until additional staff is placed.
Exploration Experience (ELOP) Additional Information:
- Parents will be notified by Mission Elementary's Exploration Experience Program Specialist of the confirmed enrollment and start date.
- Beginning Monday, December 5, 2022, students will be expected to attend ELOP for a minimum of 3 days every week to remain enrolled in the program.
- Beginning Monday, December 5, 2022, early dismissal from the program will take place from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. Early pickups outside of this timeframe will not be permitted. There are no exceptions.
- Students enrolled may not be picked up any later than 5:00 PM. There are no exceptions.
- Students are expected to attend the program regularly.
- If students cannot attend 3 days a week and adhere to the pickup policy, it will be necessary to disenroll the student from the program.
- Students currently enrolled in ASES or YMCA at Mission Elementary do not need to apply or register; they will automatically have access to the program opportunity.
- Snacks will be provided for all participating students.
- Options may be available for AM/PM + Early Bird/Late Bird TK/Kinder students through the Boys & Girls Club. The Program Specialist will contact families enrolled regarding available options.
- The Exploration Experience after-school program is available on student school days only (including minimum days), beginning after school until 5:00 pm.
- The program is not available on non-student school days.
- There is no cost for families to participate in the program.
- The program held at Mission Elementary is only available to students enrolled at Mission Elementary.