Use of Facilities - Application Information & Documentation
The Governing Board recognizes that District facilities and grounds are a community resource and authorizes their use by community groups for the purposes provided for in the Civic Center Act when such use does not interfere with school activities. The application checklist is detailed below:
- Contact the school site directly to verify the availability of any facility you are requesting.
- For information regarding costs & insurance, call the Facilities Planning Office at 307-5300 x6730.
- Read the Redlands Unified School District Administrative Regulation 1330 – Use of Facilities Regulations.
- Review the Schedule of Designated Facilities and Fees
- Submit an application using the following link:
Applications must be submitted at least three (3) weeks prior to the requested date.
The following documentation is required for all applications:
- Proof of Insurance – Certificate of Insurance naming RedlandsUnifiedSchool District as an additional insured. General liability coverage for property damage and bodily injury must be for a minimum of $1,000,000 (combined). More insurance coverage may be requested depending on your event.
- Insurance Endorsement naming Redlands Unified School District as an additional insured.
- Depending on type of application, the following documentation may be required: Proof of non-profit status – Copy of your organization’s Ruling of Determination Letter Recognizing Exemption under Section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- If requesting kitchen use - Completion of Kitchen Use Request Form.
- If requesting pool use - Proof of certified lifeguards (minimum of 2) per event – Allow us to make copies of each individual’s Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR cards/certificates.
- If requesting use of a theater/auditorium – Completion of Theater/Auditorium Guidelines Acknowledgement Form
The deposit of all fees is due two (2) weeks prior to any approved event.
While the District encourages widespread use of district facilities and grounds by the community, it desires to limit usage during those periods when the facilities are not also used for school purposes in order to preserve district property, or to realize energy cost savings and facilitate cleaning programs. School facility use may be limited on weekends or during summer, spring, and winter vacation periods. The District may also restrict use of fields due to weather conditions.