Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - University of Oregon Teaching Credential - University of Redlands
Mr. Scott Ferguson
I've been an elementary school teacher for 11 years. Before that, I worked for a Fortune 500 company. I consider myself a dedicated professional who wants the best for the students and the school. I give it my all every day.
The students work hard in the classroom because, after all, they are here to get an education. My goal for students is for them to leave 5th grade being a better reader, a better math student, and knowing a little more about the world around them. They will also be ready to move on to middle school. I'm looking forward to a great school year.
Here is what we will study in 5th grade.
- Place Value
- Fractions - Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, and Finding a Common Denominator
- Beginning Geometry
- Measurement and Conversions
- Read Fiction and Nonfiction - Comprehension
- Grammar Rules - Eight Parts of Speech
- Writing - Informative, Response to Literature, Five-Paragraph Essay
- Life Cycle
- Cell Structure
- Biotic and Abiotic
- American History
- States and State Capitals