Phone: (909) 389-2500 x33916
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Mark Thompson
Mr. Thompson has taught in the Redlands Unified School District since 1980.
He is currently the Auto Shop Instructor at REV.
After 17 years at Moore Junior High / Middle School teaching Industrial Arts and Industrial Technology, He moved to Redlands East Valley High School in 1997.
At REV since 1997, he has taught Technology, Computer Use/Information Processing, Auto Shop, and Career Pathways.
While at REV, Mr. Thompson has served as:
- District and Site Mentor Teacher from 1990-2000
- Site Technology Coordinator at REV from 1997-2005;
- Digital High School Coordinator at REV from 2002-2005;
- District representative to the CTAP program from 2001-2005.
- Mr. Thompson is a graduate of Loma Linda University, La Sierra class of 1979 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Sciences.
- He completed his teacher training at University of California at Irvine.
- He has continued his education and has taken masters courses at U.C.R. and at C.S.U.S.B.
- Mr. Thompson was married in 1976
- He has 2 fantastic kids, both graduates of Redlands High School and University of California at Riverside.
- He has 5 granddaughters, and 2 grandsons.
- His wife, daughter, daughter-in-law, and son-in-law are public school teachers. His son is in law enforcement.