ATHLETIC ACADEMIC ADVISING
Office Hours: during lunch, by appointment only (to make an appt: See Abby in the Admin Office)
Where: Athletic Director’s Office in Admin Building
Resources: http://cvhs.redlandsusd.net go to Athletics tab, then select Athletic Academic Advising
Athletic Academic Advising Mission
The primary mission of Athletic Academic Advising at Citrus Valley is to assist students in developing an educational plan that meets their needs and long-term goals. This includes assistance with NCAA registration, eligibility checks, waivers, SAT/ACT info, and grade checks.
Athletic Academic Advisor Responsibilities
- Help you understand NCAA eligibility requirements
- Review the Division I and II Sliding Scale
- Assist with initial NCAA eligibility process
- Discuss the availability of fee waivers and the process to obtain one.
- Provide you with information about the available academic support resources on campus
- Assist you in understanding the purposes and goals of higher education/ athletics and its efforts on your life and personal goals
- Answer your questions through scheduled appointments and email.
Advisee Responsibilities (possible Division I and II bound athletes)
we expect you to…
- Learn about college programs, policies and procedures
- Schedule and attend advising appointments before you register for classes each semester
- Be involved in the advising process by being prepared to discuss your goals and educational plans during our meetings
- Ask questions if you do not understand an issue or have a specific concern
- Keep a personal record of your progress toward meeting your goals by having an organized way for you to find important documents easily
- Regularly check emails (make sure the email address is appropriate for college coaches/admission officers, etc.)
- Take responsibility for making your own decisions based on available information and guidance
- Follow-up on referrals to other services and information resources