1. Great reasons to be in the library: READ, LOOK FOR BOOKS, WORK ON HOMEWORK, and DO RESEARCH.
2. Please check-in with your ID Card when you enter the library.
3. Eating and drinking should be done outside of the library. NO EATING, DRINKING, OR GUM CHEWING is permitted.
4. Talking and working together is encouraged, but voices should be kept QUIET.
5. Be respectful of all student, adults, and library materials.
6. Computers are to be used for school purposes only.
7. Printing is avaialble for school-related purposes only. Please note that we only offer black and white printing.
8. ID cards are required to check out books.
9. Backpacks should be left by either of the doors.
10. Books and Play-Aways (books on MP3 players) may be checked out for 30 days. Magazines may be checked out for 7 days. You may check out up to 3 books at one time. If you are not finished with a book before it expires, you may renew!
Please remember to return your books on time!
THE CARE AND FEEDING OF YOUR TEXTBOOKS
1. Each student is issued one set of textbooks.
2. Students are held accountable for the exact books, idenifited by barcode, that are checked out to them at the beginnng of the school year.
3. Students should put their names in their books as soon as possible to avoid accidentally swapping books with other students.
4. Your textbooks are EXPENSIVE! The sets range in value from $240-$300! Please keep them away from pets, younger brothers and sisters, and liquids, as you will be charged for any damage that occurs to the books while under your care. You will also be charged for any lost books, so make sure you know where they are!
Unfortunately, we do not have enough textbooks to offer a second set to students. If you are a student who travels between homes, here are some helpful options:
* Some textbooks are avaialbe online. Click here to go to our "How to Access Your Online Textbooks
* You may purchase a second set of books from a reliable website like www.amazon.com
BEATTIE LIBRARY INFORMATION BROCHURE