Angela Neuhaus - Principal
Welcome to the home of the Bobcats!
I am proud to be the Principal of the newest middle school in the Redlands Unified School District where students conduct themselves in a PRAISE-worthy manner. This will be my tenth year serving the students, parents, and community that is Beattie Middle School.
Beattie Middle School is an academic powerhouse. We strive for excellence. We take pride in our school. “Pride is a personal commitment. It is an attitude which separates excellence from mediocrity.” To achieve excellence you must have a winning formula. Our winning formula consists of involved parents, responsible students, highly qualified teachers and strong communication.
Beattie has numerous support programs that serve to enhance our academic program and helped us to achieve state Honor Roll Status. Because of our diversity, our students have been chosen twice to participate in the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP). Beattie also has a highly successful and recognized visual & performing arts program which serves to round out our educational program and provide balance in our students’ lives. Following is information on our support programs.
- AVID, Advancement Via Individual Determination, is dedicated to closing the achievement gap by preparing all students for college and other postsecondary opportunities. AVID impacts students schoolwide as academic strategies like writing to learn, inquiry, collaboration, organizational skills, and critical reading (WICOR) are taught in classes by teachers who have been trained to use AVID strategies. Complimenting our AVID program is our College/Career Center where students are able to take virtual tours of colleges across the US and learn about various career opportunities.
- PBIS is a framework for establishing the social, cultural, and behavioral supports needed for a school to be a learning environment for all students. Beattie’s PBIS framework is built on five key expectations: Pride, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Self-Esteem (PRAISE). These five expectations create a community that is committed to providing a positive school environment that educates the mind and the heart.
- WEB, which stands for “Where Everybody Belongs” is a middle school orientation and transition program that welcomes 6th graders and makes them feel comfortable throughout the first year of their middle school experience. Built on the belief that students can help students succeed, 7th & 8th grade students are trained to be WEB Leaders. As positive role models, WEB Leaders are mentors who guide our new 6th graders to discover what it takes to be successful during the transition to middle school.
- Chain Links is the middle school version of Rachel’s Challenge, a nation-wide, high school program designed to build peace, acceptance, and community service. Chain Links members are given six “challenges”:
- Look for the best in others
- Dare to Dream
- Choose Positive Influences
- Kind Words & Actions
- Start a Chain Reaction
- Stand Up! Speak Out for Peace and Kindness!
With all of these outstanding programs, strong parent support and exceptional teachers, Beattie will continue to achieve excellence. We are Beattie Middle School – Home of the Bobcats!
Jim Canales - Asst. Principal