Exploration Experience (ELOP) at Mission Elementary
What is ELOP?
ELOP stands for "Expanded Learning Opportunity Program." Our students attend a longer school day for continued learning. They experience various activities and learn through exploration with certificated school district teachers. We focus on teaching STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) with P.E. and some homework time.
When is ELOP?
Exploration Experience takes place after each school day, including minimum days until 5:00 pm. Care can be provided by the YMCA until 6:00 pm if needed. There are also additional opportunities offered separately on some Saturdays and during school breaks.
Who is ELOP for?
Exploration Experience is open to all Mission students grades TK-5. Incoming TK and Kindergarten students are also invited.
Where does ELOP take place?
Our daily program takes place on campus. However, we occasionally travel to other locations for field trips and events. (AM TK and Kindergarten students may be able to attend the boys and girls club off-campus daily.)
Why is this good for my child?
The learning experiences we offer help to broaden students' academic skills and knowledge as well as their social and emotional capacity.
How much does ELOP cost?
There is no cost for this opportunity. However, students are expected to have regular attendance and excellent behavior in order to remain enrolled.
Exploration Experience (ELOP) Registration
Please click on the link to register for the 23-24 Exploration Experience Program at Mission Elementary.
A registration form will be required for each student requesting participation in the ELOP program.
NOTE: *Space is limited and subject to capacity. Your child may be placed on a waiting list if space is unavailable at the requested grade level.
Exploration Experience (ELOP) Additional Information:
- Parents will be notified by Mission Elementary's Exploration Experience Program Specialist of the confirmed enrollment and start date.
- Beginning Monday, December 5, 2022, students will be expected to attend ELOP for a minimum of 3 days every week to remain enrolled in the program.
- Beginning Monday, December 5, 2022, early dismissal from the program will take place from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. Early pickups outside of this timeframe will not be permitted. There are no exceptions.
- Students enrolled may not be picked up any later than 5:00 PM. There are no exceptions.
- Students are expected to attend the program regularly.
- If students cannot attend 3 days a week and adhere to the pickup policy, it will be necessary to disenroll the student from the program.
- Students currently enrolled in ASES or YMCA at Mission Elementary do not need to apply or register; they will automatically have access to the program opportunity.
- Snacks will be provided for all participating students.
- Options may be available for AM/PM + Early Bird/Late Bird TK/Kinder students through the Boys & Girls Club. The Program Specialist will contact families enrolled regarding available options.
- The Exploration Experience after-school program is available on student school days only (including minimum days), beginning after school until 5:00 pm.
- The program is not available on non-student school days.
- There is no cost for families to participate in the program.
- The program held at Mission Elementary is only available to students enrolled at Mission Elementary.