WELCOME TO MOORE MIDDLE SCHOOL LIBRARY!
Hours: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 7:00AM - 3:30PM
Tuesday & Thursday 7:30AM - 4:00PM
Always check the sign on the door to see if the library is open...sometimes we close at lunch when a class is using the library!
Moore Library Staff
Mrs. Wendy Zinner - Teacher Librarian
Mrs. Zinner currently roves between all four Redlands Middle Schools. She is at Moore every Monday and one Tuesday a month. Please feel free to come in and say "Hi" and let her know about what you are reading and/or learning. If you would like to contact Mrs. Zinner, send her a message at email@example.com.
Ms. Joanne Blaine - Library Paraprofessional
Hi! I'm Ms. Blaine and I am very happy to help you here at Moore Library! What I love most about the library is the space we have to study, work, dream, read and ponder in a quiet, comfortable place. My favorite thing to do in the library is matching a book with your interests, and the potential to find one that may become near and dear to your heart (as Edith Wharton's has become to mine!). I also enjoy the soul-nurturing practice of reading poetry (especially every April!). I am looking forward to helping you find your next favorite book! If you need any help, or have any questions, feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Circulation Desk. See you soon!
My favorite novel of all time: The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Other reading adventures include:
* The Alchemist (What's YOUR personal legend?)
* The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
* The essays of David Foster Wallace
* The Art Museum by Phaidon
* On Writing by Stephen King
* Persepolis by Marjane Sartrapi (A visual bildungsroman that has changed the way I look at graphic novels forever).
Please remember to return your books on time!HAPPY READING!THE CARE AND FEEDING OF YOUR TEXTBOOKS
- Great reasons to be in the library: to READ, LOOK FOR BOOKS, WORK ON HOMEWORK, and DO RESEARCH.
- Please check-in with your ID Card when you enter the library during lunch.
- Eating and drinking should be done outside of the library. NO EATING, DRINKING, or GUM CHEWING is permitted.
- Talking and working together is encouraged, but voices should be kept QUIET.
- Be respectful of all student, adults, and library materials.
- Computers are to be used for school purposes only.
- Printing is available. Printing may only be done for school-related purposes. For color printing there is a 2-page limit (additional pages are 10 cents each). Please ask Mrs. Zinner or Ms. Blaine BEFORE you print!
- ID cards are required to check out books.
- Backpacks may be left by the front door, or taken to a table (should be on the floor, not the table) if you need to work on homework.
- Books and Play-Aways (books on MP3 players) may be checked out for 30 days. Magazines may be checked out for 7 days. You may check out up to 3 books at one time. If you are not finished with a book before it expires, you may renew!
- Each student is issued one set of textbooks.
- Students are held accountable for the exact books, identified by barcode, that are checked out to them at the beginning of the school year.
- Students should put their names in their books as soon as possible to avoid accidentally swapping books with other students.
- Your textbooks are EXPENSIVE! The sets range in value from $240-$300! Please keep them away from pets, younger brothers and sisters, and liquids, as you will be charged for any damage that occurs to the books while under your care. You will also be charged for any lost books, so make sure you know where they are!
Unfortunately, we do not have enough textbooks to offer a second set to students. If you are a student who travels between homes, here are some helpful options:
* Some textbooks are available online. Click here to go to our "How to Access Your Online Textbooks" page.