RHS Counseling CenterThe counselors at Redlands High School work closely with the Student Center, ROP, teachers, and administrators to assist students with decisions about high school programs of study, specific courses, and further education after high school. An important part of a student’s experience at RHS involves relations with other people—friends, teachers, administrators, and parents. Counselors help students work with these people on a daily basis and handle issues that arise naturally in human relations.
Students can meet with their counselor before and after school, during lunch, and by appointment.
COUNSELOR STUDENTS PHONE
Sherry Walsh School of Public Services Mf-Z;
HEART Academy and SDC/SH MF-Z
x30142 Vaughan Kusko School of Arts & Industry: Le-Zx30146 Betty Hill School of Arts & Industry A-La and SDC/SH A-Me x30145Linda Davenport School of Enterprise MB-Z and ReBUS Academyx30149 Kim Elgin School of Public Services: A-Me & AVIDx30147Nancy Hoyt School of Enterprise: A-Max30148
RHS - Senior Exit SurveyClick on the link below to start your Senior Exit Survey:
Students must complete an Exit Survey to be able to pick up their graduation tickets.
Please, take care of this essential survey as soon as possible to be cleared to pick up your tickets!
No Survey = No tickets
College Workshops for Class of 2020
Attention Juniors and Parents: In order to be help you navigate the college search and application process, RUSD has organized a series of parent and student workshops for the coming year starting with the Senior Year College Kick-Off, this Wednesday, May 15th, at CVHS in the Bistro at 6:00 PM. The Bistro is located on the far east side of campus, directly off Texas street. Attendees will receive resources and information focusing on the College Application Timeline, Summer Checklist, College Search Process, RUSDs university partnerships, and a variety of other resources and tips. Please register in advance so enough materials will be printed for all participants. The registration link is found at the RUSD College and Career website - www.redlandsusd.net/collegeandcareer - click on the College and Career Workshops tab on the left hand side of the page.
Interested in Dual Enrollment?
Jumpstart2College, the Dual Enrollment Partnership with Crafton Hills Colleges, provides students the opportunity to take college courses on RUSD high school campuses for FREE. All courses are transferable to CCCs, UCs, and CSUs, and earn students both college credit and high school elective credit. (ART 175, however, also counts toward a student's high school graduation fine arts requirement because it is taught by an RUSD high school art teacher.)
To learn more information attended a parent information meeting on Thursday, May 9th at 6:00 PM at RHS in Grace Mullen Auditorium. The meeting is not mandatory but it is recommended if your student's has never taken a Dual Enrollment course. Additionally, student meetings will be held at each high school as follows:
- REV - Tuesday, May 7, 2019 - Period 4 - Career Center
- CVHS - Wednesday, May 8, 2019 - Period 5 - Career Center
- RHS - Thursday, May 9, 2019 - Period 5 - Student Center
Click on this link for the Fall 2019 Registration Packet. Please follow all directions closely:
- Students must first apply to Crafton Hills College at www.craftonhills.edu/apply - students will receive three emails (one from Open CCC and two from Crafton); students need the CHC ID # which will come directly from Crafton in the third email and it will have only numbers, no letters and start with a one.
- Complete the District Information Form through the student's RUSD Google Account at https://bit.ly/2Gvz9IF; this information is necessary for RUSD to process the application and to enter students' grades onto high school transcripts. NOTE: use the student's permanent ID, NOT the 10-digit SSID
- Complete the High School Dual Enrollment Request Form in the packet
- Turn the form into Mrs. Walsh in the Counseling Office for review.
For Fall dual enrollment courses, registration begins now and will continue until the final deadline of June 7, 2019. Classes begin the week of August 12, 2019 and end the week of December 2, 2019.
For more information visit www.redlandsusd.net/collegeandcareer. Click on the Dual Enrollment Tab on the left-hand side of the page of see Mrs. Walsh in the Counseling Office.
Registration for 2019-2020 has started! (9th into 10th grade was completed Jan. 23-Feb. 1, 10th into 11th was completed Feb. 6-Feb. 10, 11th into 12th was completed Feb. 28-March 8)
8th into 9th grade presentations - The week of April 8 to 12 on the Middle School campuses. Students will enter their course selections themselves through their Aeries.net account this year.
- Registration window opens April 8 until April 16 at midnight
- 8th into 9th Grade Parent Night - April 8 in Clock Auditorium at 6:00 p.m.
- 9th Grade Registration Materials - please download and print (Courses marked out are already filled by upperclassmen.)
- Demonstration Video
- NEW Class - Not listed on the registration form is a new version of Int. Math I9 called CSTEM Integrated Math I or Integrated Mathematics 1 with Computing and Robotics (click for course description).
- Registration forms must be returned to Middle School Counseling Offices by Friday, April 19. Parent and student signatures are required for placement in honors/AP classes.
Tutoring from University of Redlands Students
The University of Redlands has a new tutoring program for high school students called Big Dogs – a branch of Jaspers Corner Homework Club. At the beginning of next semester, they will be taking in new students once they have their tutors in place. Each student is promised 2 hours per week. This is typically split up M/W or T/Th for one hour each day. This program is free to the public! To be added to the waitlist click here.
Students should receive notifcation of their PSAT results by mid December. The question is then, how can I use these scores to help me do better on the SAT? Review the following Power Point and Video to learn how to link your PSAT scores to the Khan Academy for tutorials and instruction designed especially for your academic needs. Make your test results work for you!
Athletic Academic Support
If you are a student athlete and are in need of academic support then come see Mr. Norman in room R-34 at the times listed. I have almost every textbook available in my room and access to laptops. It is a great time to catch up on make-up work, study for exams, or get help on assignments.
In R-34 with Mr. Norman*
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday during 6th period (we will arrange a best day with your coach)
- Wednesday and Thursday at Lunch
*Mr. Norman is a RHS math teacher but is willing and able to provide help in all subjects. Tutors can be arranged.
8th into 9th Grade Parent Night
The Redlands High School Counselors want to encourage all of our future parents and guardians to attend our annual 8th into 9th Parent Night on Monday, April 8, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in Clock Auditorium on the RHS Campus. Topics to be covered include graduation requirements, registration forms, honors programs, summer school, CTE classes, dual enrollment, student activities, and academic policies. We are asking parents to download and print all of the registration documents ahead of time.
Registration Materials will be availabe for download in April 2019.
Welcome to Terrier Town Class of 2023!
If your student is sick for more than two days or you know he/she will be out for more than two days, you may contact Mrs. Avila the Counseling Office Clerk at ext. 30141 to request homework. It is most effective to email the teachers directly with a cc: to the student's counselor.
If you know your student will be out for an extended period of time in advance, please contact Mrs. Ridgeway to complete paperwork for Short-Term RISE. She can be reached at ext. 30104.