RHS Dress Code Policy(updated 5/4/2021)
Education Code 35183 authorizes school districts to adopt dress codes. The RUSD School Board approved the following K-12 dress code policy:
- Shoes will be worn at all times. A substantial sole is required and enclosed toe and heel footwear is highly encouraged.
- Extremely brief garments that are a distraction to the educational environment are not appropriate. Clothing shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times.
- Clothing or accessories shall be free of writing, pictures, or any other insignia which are crude, violent, obscene or sexually suggestive or which advocate racial, ethnic, religious, or other prejudice or the use of tobacco, drugs or alcohol.
- Earrings, jewelry, or accessories, which present a safety hazard to the wearer or others, are not suitable for school wear.
- Only prescription sunglasses may be worn in class. Other types of sunglasses may be worn on campus outside of class.
- Identified gang attire such as bandannas, haircuts or hair rollers, or any gang paraphernalia are prohibited.
- Students are allowed to wear sun protective clothing, including hats, while outdoors during the school day. Each school site will develop a policy indicating the type of sun protective hats that are permitted.