CVHS has earned the CA Honor Roll distinction for 2018-2019!
The 2018 - 2019 Honor Roll recognizes public elementary, middle and high schools that demonstrate high levels of student academic achievement, improvement in achievement over time, and reduction in achievement gaps. For high schools, Honor Roll recognition includes measures of college readiness in students. This year, the California Honor Roll recognized 1,834 higher-performing schools that are distinguished for their academic achievement and closing achievement gaps.
Through national research, we have identified a common set of success factors in higher-performing Honor Roll schools and districts. These include clear, specific learning objectives aligned to college and career readiness, along with:
· Evidence-based instructional practices
· A defined system-wide mission of college and career readiness for all students
· An investment in human capital
· Maintenance of data and assessment systems to monitor school and student performance
· Resources and guidance to support schools' efforts in preparing all students for college and career
This is the disclaimer text. It should wrap, then the bar will grow in height if more space is needed. The blackboard footer will center if disclaimer is not being used and the background will be one color.