Pre-Registration for Distance Learning
The District is continuing to prepare for a Reopening of the 2020-21 School Year. Based on feedback and results from our recent Thoughtexchange, a significant number of families have expressed their desire for a 100% Distance Learning option.
Distance Learning for the Upcoming 2020-21 School Year will include:
- Instruction that is substantially equivalent to the quality and rigor of classroom-based instruction
- Students will have access to devices to participate in the Distance Learning program and complete work
- Daily live interaction and instruction with certificated staff
- Daily student participation will be documented and tracked
- Supports will be made available to address the needs of students who are not performing at grade level.
To ensure staffing, we are requiring parents and guardians to commit to at least one (1) semester of Distance Learning should they choose this option for their child(ren). Spacing for Distance Learning is limited and pre-registration is required by July 10. The District is planning on providing two options for parents to pick from; a return to class option and a Distance Learning option. If you are wanting an in-person option, you will not need to do anything else. This pre-registration process is only for those selecting Distance Learning.
For current RUSD families and incoming RUSD Families who have completed the enrollment process for the 2020-21 School Year and have received confirmation, please utilize the Quick Reference Guide (ENG, ESP) to pre-register your child(ren) for Distance Learning within your AERIES Portal account. For those who do not have an AERIES Parent Portal account set up, please email email@example.com for assistance.